– Heikar Industries-President
– Le-Mark Apparel Inc-President
– Charity Activist/Fundraising Consultant-29 years
– Philanthropic Athletes Foundation-Founder and Past-President
– Alpine Club of Canada (Montreal Section)- Past-President
– League for Human Rights-Past Secretary
– Human Rights Activist 32+ years
– Nominee: $250,000 Kravis Prize in Nonprofit Leadership (2012)
– Nominee: $100,000 Ernest C. Manning Principal Award for Innovation (1991)
– Lakeshore General Hospital Foundation: Volunteer of the Year (2012)
– Alpine Club of Canada: Don Forrest Service Award (2010)
– League for Human Rights: Most Valuable Contribution Annual Award (1985)
What has Murray Levine done for Dorval?
– Murray made our streets safer by informing the mayor of, and encouraging the placement of mid-street bollards that have stop, yield to pedestrians and speed limit signs upon them. Now throughout Dorval.
-Recent overnight work at the airport caused sleepless nights. In the future the residents of Surrey (and all across Canada) will be forewarned. Murray discussed this with the Sr. Policy Advisor of the Minister of Transport.
– Murray proposed a simple change that has saved Dorval’s taxpayers thousands of dollars in heating costs.
– When it comes to safety and security, Murray has a long track record of making suggestions that brought results.
What does Murray intend to do for Surrey and Dorval?
– Mitigating train and traffic noise is a definite priority. Murray has very likely found a simple, eye pleasing way to help solve the problem. “Calling noise a nuisance is like calling smog an inconvenience. Noise must be considered a hazard to the health of people everywhere.” – William H. Stewart, former U.S. Surgeon General.
– Cardinal Avenue is now highly problematic. If Murray can not find a way to solve the problem, he will make a way!
-The streets of Surrey WILL become safer
-Murray has already been in contact with the STM regarding a shuttle/better bus service from Surrey to the south side.
– As a member of the Green Coalition, and the ad hoc committee to save the 500,000+ sq ft McConnell Estate, Murray spares no effort in fighting for oxygen producing green space.
– We need to draw new businesses here. Commerce contribute taxes at a much higher rate than homes do. Thriving businesses will help bring our taxes down. There is a way and it will be encouraged!
-The gyms/libraries/auditoriums of PUBLIC schools MUST become available to the public 365 days/yr and not only 200!
Murray has two ears and one mouth. He intends to listen constantly to the concerns of the residents, and do fully what is in their/your obvious best interest.
There is little in the way of positive opposition on the City Council, resulting is a complacent attitude. As an activist, Murray Levine has ALWAYS fought for the benefit of humanity, and he always will.
For the past 35 years there has been a Heron representing Surrey on City Council.
Is it time for change AND change for the better? Of course, it is!
SURREY NEEDS A CHANGE. AND MURRAY LEVINE IS A CHANGE FOR THE BEST!
To contact Murray and tell him what YOU would like to see done to actually make Dorval a much better place to live: MURLEV@GMAIL.COM
VOTE “Murray LEVINE for Surrey” on November 5
Authorized and paid for by Leslie Henry, Official Agent of Murray Levine
This WordPress blog is free